Disclaimer: The use of the internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.
Jessica S. Swenson
- Partner and Chair of Family Law Department
- Divorce Litigation
- Custody and Parenting Time
- Child Support
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Alimony and Palimony
- Grandparent’s Rights
- Domestic Violence
Jessica S. Swenson is a Partner and Chair of the firm’s Family Law practice. Ms. Swenson is a seasoned family law attorney. She has dedicated her career to all aspects of family and matrimonial law including divorce litigation, mediation and arbitration, custody and parenting time issues, alimony and child support, separation and property settlement agreements, prenuptial agreements and domestic violence.
Ms. Swenson uses her skills as a trained mediator and years of litigation experience to assist clients in choosing the right path for them to achieve their optimal goals and ensure the client’s and their children’s long term emotional, physical and financial security. Ms. Swenson has the unique ability to handle each case with compassion while also fiercely advocating for her clients.
Ms. Swenson is a volunteer panelist for the Early Settlement Panel Program in Bergen County and Morris County. She also volunteers for the Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project, a joint program with the Morris County Bar Association and the New Jersey Battered Women’s Service.
She is presently a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association and the Bergen County Bar Association. She is the Vice President of the West Essex Business Partnership and has been appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court to the District VC Ethics Committee.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. – 2007
- Rutgers University , New Brunswick, New Jersey
- B.A. – 2004
- New Jersey, 2008
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Family Law)
- Bergen County Bar Association
- West Essex Business Partnership, Vice President
- District VC Ethics Committee
- Panelist, Bergen County and Morris County Early Settlement Panel Program
- Volunteer Attorney for the Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project
- Townsend Tomaio and Newmark, LLC, Partner, 2018 to 2022
- Cipriano Law Offices, P.C., Associate , 2011 to 2018
Fraternities or Sororities
- Gamma Phi Beta
[The Super Lawyers lists are issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology for both lists may be found at www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process_detail.html). No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey].