Disclaimer: The use of the internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.
Benjamin C. Curcio
- Partner and Chair of Litigation Department
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Community Association
- Construction Defect
- Criminal Defense
- Employment Law
- Estate Litigation
- Local Counsel
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate Litigation
Ben is the founder of Curcio Mirzaian Sirot LLC. He focuses his practice on client matters in a wide range of industries in the areas of business disputes, complex commercial litigation, insurance defense, construction litigation, financial services litigation, real estate litigation and general civil litigation. Ben also maintains an active docket of cases for individuals, including plaintiff personal injury cases. He primarily practices in the state and federal courts of New Jersey and New York, but has been admitted pro hac vice to prosecute and defend matters for clients throughout the country.
Prior to founding Curcio Mirzaian Sirot LLC, Ben was an attorney at an AmLaw 200 law firm, where he represented businesses, large and small, and individuals in a wide array of matters. He was counsel of record for a major U.S. airline in the 9/11 Litigation in the appeal pending in the Second Circuit Court of Appeals and participated in the depositions of the security personnel who screened the terrorists on the morning of 9/11 for the consolidated personal injury and property damage cases pending in the Southern District of New York. He obtained a multi-million dollar judgment against a corporation and its principal on behalf of a real estate developer in a contested matter. Further, he was lead trial counsel for a top-five national banking association for its consumer credit litigation matters in New Jersey.
Throughout his career, Ben has counseled a variety of business and corporate clients in the following industries: real estate brokers and agents; real estate developers; insurance companies and third party administrators; public entities; construction companies, general contractors and sub-contractors; property management companies; banks; factoring and finance companies; brokerage companies and their employees; retail sales and service companies; trucking companies; commercial bakery; manufacturing companies; physician practice groups; restaurants; and title insurance companies.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. – 1998
- Honors: Student Director, Seton Hall Legislative Bureau
- Honors: Pro Bono Service Program Award, Recipient
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts
- B.A. – 1994
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- New Jersey, 1998
- New York, 1999
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1998
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2003
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, Top 100
- New Jersey Super Lawyers
- New Jersey Rising Stars
- Construction Litigation Society of America, Charter Fellow
- Seton Hall Law School Alumni Association Inn of Court, Student and Barrister, 2001 to 2004
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Office of Attorney Ethics of the Supreme Court of New Jersey: District VA Ethics Committee, Member, 2006 to 2011
[The Super Lawyers lists are issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology for both lists may be found at www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process_detail.html). No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey].